Sunday, May 25, 2014

Boscos

Last night 6 of us went out to Boscos in Hillsboro Village to celebrate my friend, Cody's, birthday. Having only recently been introduced to the Hillsboro Village area, I was pretty excited to see what this restaurant was all about, especially since it came so highly recommended by the birthday boy. 

Upon arrival we sat at the bar for a bit while we waited for everyone to arrive. Boscos is a brewery, so all the beers on tap are their own. Beer flavors and densities range from light to extremely dark and heavy. I was the DD, so I did not partake in the alcohol consumption, but everyone seemed to love their beer.

The environment of the restaurant was great - open, clean, and recent. There was actually a wedding reception going on in part of the restaurant while we were there, which we all thought was a little bit odd...but cool. The back of the restaurant features their brewing casks/mechanisms in addition to their brick ovens for baking pizzas.

The menu was, by far, my favorite part of the place. While they had simple foods like pizza and burgers, they also had unique dishes such as grilled watermelon with prosciutto. I had the watermelon and prosciutto (different, but good), some grilled bread with spinach and artichoke dip, and a margherita pizza. I also tried a slice of my friend's buffalo chicken pizza, and it was all amazing. 

The waitstaff was friendly, clean, and prompt. Our particular server was very witty, which is always a bonus if you ask me...and the manager gave us a free appetizer for shifting our table over to accommodate more people at an abutting table.

All in all, it was an amazing place to eat and I will definitely be back! Check out some pics I found online...



No comments:

Post a Comment