Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pinewood Social

My new favorite Nashville find is this very unique place called Pinewood Social, located at 33 Peabody Street, just a few minute walk from downtown Broadway. This place is a favorite to many Nashvillians because unlike other bars particularly in the area, it does NOT focus on music. Rather, the atmosphere is hip yet comfortable, elegant yet casual, and fancy yet homey. It's a place you could dress up nicely with the girls and hangout or just show up in casual clothes after work. 


The schematics basically divides the area into a few distinct sections. As seen above, there's a coffee section right when you walk in that opens early in the morning for breakfast, but is also available all day long. They brew their own coffees and make their own pastries. There's a Geek Squad area, as I call it, that has a bunch of tables and cool couches and chairs where people can sit to do work. WiFi is available all day long and the people don't mind if you set up shop and camp for a while.

From there you get to the bar, which is unlike most in downtown Nashville. These tenders, or as I like to refer to them as - mixologists, make the fanciest of cocktails and love fixing drinks to perfectly fit your pallet. I've only found a handful of places that have Chartreuse in Nashville, and this is one of them. They make the perfect Ramos Gin Fizz made with half Green Chartreuse, which has literally kept me coming back for more.

All along the bar are dining tables, with a few hidden nooks and crannies for private, more intimate parties. There are a few rooms you're able to rent out for special events, in addition to corners used for karaoke. In the back there's a 6-lane bowling alley that just sets this place apart from others in town. I've yet to bowl there, as I hear it's quite expensive to do so, but it adds an awesome unique touch to the place that just knocks it out of the park. There's also a small pool outside during the summer months for you to put your feet in and catch some rays.

Thus far the service I have received at Pinewood Social has been nothing but the absolute best. My favorite barkeep is Tanner, but they're all super nice and willing to shake my unique drink for 12 minutes to put a smile on my face.

Drinks are typically $12 and food ranges from $10-$30. To me, it's worth it. I love the atmosphere, the decor, and the people who have found themselves hanging out there. Here are a few pictures of my first experience at Pinewood Social - a must visit for everyone!


For reservations, call 615-751-8111

No comments:

Post a Comment